What is AFAA?
AFAA stands for the Automatic Fire Alarm Association.
The national chapter of the AFAA was formed in 1953 and is the only national trade association exclusively dedicated to representing the automatic fire detection and fire alarm systems industry.
The Association is committed to influencing codes and standards at all levels to make buildings safer through the proper application of automatic fire detection and fire alarm systems. It actively participates in the code change process of International Code Conference (ICC) with focus on the IBC, IFC and IRC national codes; and the key NFPA Codes/Standards with focus on NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code and 101 Life Safety Code.
The MNAFAA is a statewide association working hand in hand with the National AFAA with sole purpose of providing Life Safety for the State of Minnesota.
The MNAFAA is open to manufacturers, distributors, engineers, AHJs and other fire alarm professionals.
This chapter is located all across Minnesota.
Become a Member
As a fire alarm professional, joining the MNAFAA allows you to:
- Influence codes and standards at all levels to make buildings safer through proper application of fire alarm systems
- Assist in the education of all levels of the industry and authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs) to properly apply, install, use and maintain automatic fire alarm systems
- Promote the level of our industry in meeting the public need for Fire and Life Safety Systems in Minnesota
- Provide a communication network to quickly and accurately identify industry problems, exchange ideas and information for solutions and organize corrective programs
- Promote technical competence of the industry through NICET certification and continuing education